How It Works
Submit a video recording of yourself doing each of the vocal exercises that have been chosen specifically for the Checkpoint, and receive a written response from Charmaine detailing her analysis on what’s working well, and how to improve in any areas.
Step 2: Ask Questions
You may also submit up to a 2-minute video of yourself asking questions and demonstrating specific issues you are having trouble with in the Checkpoint exercises. This is totally optional, but if you do submit this extra video, please keep your questions specifically related to the Checkpoint exercises, and not about worship songs, other lessons, etc.
Please note: Your questions must be in video form, not written in an email. Videos longer than 2 minutes will not be received as part of the Checkpoint, so please respect the time limit! See the FAQs below if you need help!
Step 3: Send Video
Send your video files to us using the link below. Standard video file formats are recommended (MP4, MOV, AVI, etc.). Please make sure you have followed all Checkpoint submission instructions (content, length, video format, etc.) so that your submission can be evaluated without delay. If you need further help, check out the FAQs below!
Step 4: Purchase
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. With personalized feedback from a knowledgeable vocal coach, it’s pretty much guaranteed that you will see faster results in your voice… because the more you do the exercises correctly, the quicker your voice develops the right coordinations, tone, strength, stamina, etc! The Checkpoints are totally optional, so if you don’t have it in the budget, don’t feel badly… just keep going and do the best you can on your own! But we encourage you to be creative with your budget and see this as an investment into your vocal skill and progress, because it will actually become a time-saver for you and will mean that you are able to do more with your voice in a shorter amount of time!
We do require that your submission be in video format. A video recording is important so that we can not only hear your voice, but also see your mouth shape, jaw/tongue/neck placement, any excess tension, etc. All of this will help to give you the best and most useful feedback moving forward! No need for it to be a high-quality video, though… a simple smartphone recording is fine.
As long as you are familiar with the exercises from the related Workout, the Checkpoint should only take you about 10 minutes to complete. We suggest doing a few extra warmups before you begin recording (so that your voice is at its best!), or perhaps even go through each of the Checkpoint exercises once to warm up your voice and familiarize yourself with the tracks.
You will receive written feedback on each of the Checkpoint exercises, detailing what you are doing well, along with specific instructions and recommendations for what you can improve on (tone, mouth shape, tongue placement, relaxation, releasing tension, etc… basically, any tips for making the exercise better and more efficient for your voice!). If you submitted a video with specific questions, Charmaine will also address those.
You will receive your feedback within 14 days of submitting your Checkpoint.
Please understand that (although we would love to be able to give ongoing personalized feedback to every subscriber!) for each Checkpoint submitted, Charmaine generally spends 45-60+ minutes listening to your voice and giving detailed feedback. Personalized time spent assessing your voice is valuable! We love giving you feedback, but we do have to charge to make it worth everyone’s time!
If you have questions unrelated to this Checkpoint, please use one of the following options:
- Questions about course lessons can be asked in the Comments section beneath each lesson.
- For technical/support questions, please email [email protected].
- For questions related to your voice, or to get feedback on a song, please submit an “Analyze My Voice” recording (available for purchase here).
- For a personalized vocal workout and one-on-one vocal diagnosis, inquire about booking a lesson with Charmaine. Please note lesson availability is very limited, depending on the time of year and student capacity.
- If you have worship or worship-team related questions that you would like to get other worship leaders’ advice on, join our private Facebook community and ask your question on the FB wall!
Have no fear, we’ve tried to make this as straightforward as possible.
- On a laptop or desktop computer, once you have recorded your video(s), save those files to your computer. Then, all you need to do is click the “Submit Videos” button and a new page will ask you to locate those files to send to us.
- On a phone, once you click the “Submit Videos” button, you’ll be able to find your videos in your phone camera roll and upload.
- Once the video(s) are finished uploading, the page will confirm that it’s finished. That’s it! The files come straight to us via a secure connection so no one will see it except Charmaine!