Frequently Asked Questions
An Access Pass includes unlimited access to all these resources, PLUS we’re adding new content all the time!
- a 6-lesson foundational course called Discover Your Voice that teaches you how to strengthen your voice, increase your range, improve your tone and get rid of vocal tension… including downloadable workouts you can take with you on your phone!
- a course all about Taking Care of Your Voice that shares Charmaine’s top 7 tips for how to keep your voice healthy, including her favourite, tried-and-true natural remedies for getting rid of sickness!
- an 11-lesson course on Harmony Essentials for Worship that helps you master the art of finding your part and knowing when to sing it!
- an in-depth, 30-lesson course called Master Your Voice, which takes the foundational principles of “Discover Your Voice” and dives even deeper into how to truly be an artist with your voice—by learning to explore and master vocal tone, texture, dynamics, vibrato, phrasing and more.
- song tutorials about how to sing popular worship songs like “What A Beautiful Name”, “Living Hope”, “The Blessing”, “Raise a Hallelujah” and more!
- video workouts and webinars which you can join live or catch the replay later—you’ll learn vocal warmup routines, vocal health tips, worship leading tips and more!
- exclusive access to The Worship Vocalist private Facebook community, where you can take part in group discussions and get help with your voice from the Worship Vocalist community!
- exclusive access to get feedback on your voice by submitting a video and receiving a personal assessment from Charmaine on where you’re at and how you can improve (at additional cost)!
- access to private, one-on-one lessons with Worship Vocalist Certified Coaches (at additional cost)!
The Access Pass allows you the opportunity to purchase private lessons at additional cost, but it does not include any private lessons.
But why, you might ask! Partly, this helps us keep subscription costs as low as we can. It also encourages people to dig into our extensive (and growing) library of video and audio training before seeking a one-on-one session. Private instruction can be especially helpful in diagnosing unique things in your voice, but it doesn’t bypass the discipline of laying the groundwork and doing the exercises.
Great point! One challenge to online training is that an instructor isn’t watching over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing the exercises correctly.
But don’t worry, you’re not on your own! We’re here to help, and we offer feedback through a variety of ways:
Take your voice to the next level with expert vocal coaching! Private vocal lessons take place via Zoom with a Worship Vocalist Certified Coach. In each session, you’ll go through a personalized vocal warmup and workout, touching on specific vocal techniques you’re having trouble with, as well as work on a worship song of your choice. Check out the details here.
A Checkpoint is an opportunity for vocal coach Charmaine Brown to check on your progress throughout the “Discover Your Voice” and “Master Your Voice” courses and give you personalized feedback on how you’re doing with the workouts and song application! It’s important to make sure you’re doing the exercises correctly so that you can move forward in strength and confidence… and see the quickest results in your voice! Check out the details here.
ANALYZE MY VOICE
Submit a video recording of you singing a worship song and receive a detailed written critique from vocal coach Charmaine Brown! Check out the details here.
No. We do our best at The Worship Vocalist to honour the worship leaders, songwriters and publishers by paying copyright and licensing fees for every worship song used in the content on the site. We do not condone piracy (accessing/enjoying/consuming content that you’re not paying for) and we ask that you do your part to respect and support the global worship community by paying for the appropriate number of subscriptions for your team members.
We’ve priced the individual subscriptions affordably. A team subscription means it’s as low as $5/month per person, and we ask that you purchase a subscription for each vocalist who will be using the resources.
Subscription plans can be paid with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or by Paypal. If you want to pay from a bank account, you can select the Paypal option and connect it to a bank account or debit card.
Prices are in USD.
Yes! All our access pass subscriptions auto-renew so that you don’t have any interruptions to the site resources. If you want to cancel the automatic renewal, you can visit My Account > Subscriptions and cancel the subscription before your next billing date — you’ll still have access up until the end of the paid cycle, and it won’t charge you again after that.
Please note: we don’t offer refunds on renewals of subscription products.
Yes! You’re free to cancel whenever you need to. When you cancel a subscription, you’ll still have access until the end of your paid term (the rest of that month or year), but your credit card won’t be charged anymore.
Cancelling your subscription is super simple – sign in with your username and password, then go to “My Account” in the top menu. You’ll see “Subscriptions” on the left side of the page, click that and find the “Cancel” button under your current subscription. (Please note: if you’re on a mobile device, find the sub-menu under the ☰ symbol next to “My Account”.)
Your access to the site content will remain active until your next billing date. So, if you paid for a year, and cancel after 10 months, you’ll still have access for the next two months until the yearly renewal date.
Yes! We offer a full 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t love your subscription within the first 30 days, email us at email@example.com and we’ll refund the full amount, simple as that! Beyond the 30 days, we don’t offer refunds on subscription charges.
You bet! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to switch from a monthly to yearly subscription in your Account settings.
What you have is probably fine! The videos are HD, so a high-speed/broadband (+1.5mbp/s) Internet connection is recommended. The buffering tools in the videos will figure out the best way to deliver it to your device.
If you’re considering taking a private lesson over Skype, that’s where a fast Internet connection does really make a difference. The faster the better in that case, ideally over 50mbp/s download speed. If you want to test your internet speed, we recommend Speedtest.net.
Downloading the vocal workouts to your device is a great way to take them on the go, even when you don’t have a data connection. However, the actual process can be a bit of a trick, depending on what device you’re using. Here’s a full set of instructions.
This does happen sometimes with US banks, unfortunately. Because we’re located in Canada, sometimes banks will suspend or hold an attempted charge from us because it thinks the charge looks suspicious. It isn’t, don’t worry! All our transactions are securely processed by the world’s top merchant services (Stripe and PayPal), but international transactions have varying degrees of automatic safeguards depending on what bank or credit card you have.
Usually a simple call to your bank or credit card will enable them to lift the hold and proceed successfully. Alternatively, you can try the process with PayPal, since PayPal has a different process for verifying international transactions. If you’re not sure how to proceed, feel free to give us a call at (519) 503-7302 or send us a note.
To identify if this is the issue, try these steps:
- Clear the cookies in your browser settings (see instructions for Chrome & Android, Safari on Mac, iOS, Microsoft Edge).
- Open https://theworshipvocalist.com again
- If you see a cookie prompt appear at the bottom of the screen, choose “Got It!”.
- If you don’t see anything, our cookie provider has likely determined that we don’t need to collect special consent in your area.
- Try using the site again and see if that works now!
If you still need help, we’re here anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what device you’re using, what page is having issues, and whether you’ve tried it out on a different device with similar results.